We are the Vermont Federation of Nurses and Health Professionals (VFNHP), local 5221. We represent nurses and health professionals at UVM Medical Center in Burlington, Vermont.
Our goal is to provide safe, effective, high quality healthcare to members of the community. By empowering our members to speak out and become agents of change in our working environments, we are able to achieve this goal.
Our members are not only involved in the hospital setting, but also provide hands-on care to our extended communities in times of need. We are active members in policy-making decisions with the formation of laws affecting our professional practice and the communities we serve, at the state as well as the federal level.
The Concern for Safe Staffing Form is now online.
Tired of short staffing?
1. RSVP for the UVM Medical Center Board of Trustees Speak out on Thursday, December 8th from 1:30-2:30p (meeting starts at 2p) https://actionnetwork.org/events/uvmmc-board-of-trustees-action
2. Nuses, Techs and LNAs can fill out a Safe Staffing form here: http://unitednurses.info/concern-safe-staffing
3. Nurses, Techs and LNAs can tell their story about the current Staffing Crisis here: http://unitednurses.info/sites/default/files/SpeakOutForm.pdf
4. LNAs and other patient care staff are signing union authorization/membership cards here: http://unitednurses.info/sites/default/files/VFNHP-AuthorizationCard.pdf
5. Print out Safe Staffing Forum Poster here: http://unitednurses.info/sites/default/files/FlyerLNA11-30-16.pdf
Want to organize for Safe Staffing? Contact us at hriemerupvaft.org
Current VFNHP Newsletter can be found here http://unitednurses.info/sites/default/files/newsletterNOV16.pdf